May 23, 2009

and we're off...



I can't believe it is here! We leave in the morning for Ethiopia to bring home our son. We actually leave tonight since we have to be at the airport at 3:00 am! Our flight leaves at 6:00 am from Atlanta, we arrive in Washington DC and then our flight to Ethiopia leaves at 10:00 am. It will be 8:00 am Monday morning when we arrive in Ethiopia. A driver will be at our guesthouse around 9:30 am to pick us up and take us to the House of Hope where we will meet Nathan. He will be ours from that moment on... I can't wait to see his sweet face, touch his little hands, and kiss his tiny toes. It still does not seem real.

I just kissed Austin and Olivia goodbye, which was VERY difficult to do. They will be going with their grandparents to dinner and a movie to help keep their mind off us leaving. I know Olivia will be fine, I am a little worried about Austin though. He has been glued to my side all day hugging me and telling me how much he will miss me. Olivia is just the type of kid that is good no matter where she is or who she is with. I do wonder how long it will take her to really start missing us. I am sure Austin will run the cell phone bill up calling several times a day, which is just fine.

We have had all sorts of visitors and phone calls today keeping us busy and now that the house is quiet I am really thinking of our trip and the amazing journey we are about to take. I have another load of orphanage donations on it's way right now from my cousin Kira and then we will be all packed and ready. I have been thinking of the first time I will see Nathan and wondering how he will react to us. I have been thinking of the situations we will encounter and the people we will meet. Thinking of the street children, beggars, and all the children at the House of Hope currently waiting for their family. I have been thinking of my friends who were supposed to be going with me. This will be an emotional journey... I feel blessed that God has given me the opportunity to have this experience in life and to have Nathan as my son.

Please continue to pray for our family; that we have safe travels, that Austin and Olivia are safe and happy while we are away, that Nathan is healthy, that he bonds to us and adjusts quickly, and that God will work through us and speak to us through this amazing journey. Thank you Lord for blessing our family.

I will be attempting to update my blog while we are in Ethiopia! Be sure to check back. Our return flight arrives in Atlanta at 2:30 pm on Wednesday June 3rd!

1 comment:

Barbie said...

We will be thinking about you both and excited that soon we too will get to meet our new grandson. Austin and Olivia will be just fine, please don't worry about them. Enjoy this time with each other and bonding with Nathen (Nathan). God will be with all of you through this journey.