April 28, 2009

Weekend in Hiawassee



This past weekend we went to my cousin's wedding in Hiawassee. It was so beautiful! The reception was at a place right on the river, it was picture perfect. Everyone had a great time dancing, playing football, eating, and hanging out. I did not want to leave... It is my dream to live somewhere like that one day.

Olivia is my dancing queen! She loved the DJ and danced all night. She knows the dance moves to the party songs. She got up in front of everyone and did the chicken song dance and even joined in on the conga line! :) I wish I had her personality, she is so outgoing. At the end of the day the DJ offered me his lake front property, his truck, and all of his equipment for Olivia!!! Then later that night at the hotel pool a couple that was there swimming tried to take her home with them, I asked them what they had to offer. Ha! Ha! She really is a cool kid and has a one of a kind personality.
















So, we can officially say our court date is NEXT WEEK!!! I am so excited! I can't wait to show off Nathen's beautiful pictures. A family that also lives in the ATL area is in Ethiopia right now bringing home their baby boy. She will get to love on him for me. :) I am determined to get Nathen's room finished this week. I am picking up various baby items each time I go to the store. Today I got a pack of burp cloths and a powdered formula dispenser. I am kind of bummed that no one will be giving me a shower. I don't want to sound selfish or greedy but if I was pregnant I would have had like 3 showers by now. I hate to admit it but I get jealous when I see that others have had baby showers. I hate that people view adoption so different. That is what really bugs me about the issue. Not that I want gifts but that adoption is viewed and treated different. It is hard buying ALL the baby gear and trying to finish paying for the adoption all at once though. My aunt brought me the orphanage donations to the wedding which was awesome! I have a huge box of stuff which really helped a lot. I am trying to not stress though, I am really trying hard. Before I know it the day to leave will be here and before I know it we will be back home and settled into the everyday routine of life. I want to savor every minute of this awesome experience. I just can't wait to finally hold Nathen in my arms...

2 comments:

Tara said...

I would not worry about the shower. I am sure its not because its an adoption, usually people dont have showers after the first child anyway.

Chelsea said...

I would agree about the shower-it's probably not because it's an adoption. It would be fun to have a welcome home party though! Any excuse for cake :)