February 26, 2009

Just thinking...

So, as I'm driving to work this morning I start thinking about my baby boy. I am wondering "what is he doing right now?" It is a weird experience having your child half way around the world. Does he need a diaper change? Does he need a bottle? Is he laughing? Is he crying? Is he sleeping? I often figure up what time it is in Ethiopia and imagine what he may be doing right then.

I really hope we get a court date within the next week. It will be nice to have "a date", something to count down to. A group of families that accepted their referrals just before ours were given court dates last week, they all seem to be for that first week in May. I am estimating we will get court date of mid-late May and travel mid-late June. Unless of course something goes wrong and our court date is rescheduled which would majorly stink!

Ok, I am not supposed to share any "identifying info" on our little guy until after our court date but I am dying to share at least little tid bits! I have been reading other blogs to see how much info others are giving on their children. I hope I don't give more info than I am supposed to but here we go. I can't release his name, since we are keeping the name the orphanage gave him, but I will call him "Nathen" for now. He is so beautiful, I can't wait to share pictures. :) He is now approx 4 months old. He is healthy but tiny due to his previous circumstances. He is gaining weight fast though. He he has a slight birth defect which we feel is very minor. We have been doing a lot of research and joined a group for parents with children that have limb differences. He is perfect to us! We are just so excited and can't wait!

I found a great website that makes all kids of t-shirts and apparel. They have a huge selection of stuff geared towards adoption and specifically Ethiopia adoptions. Here is the website: http://shop.cafepress.com/ethiopia-adoption I am going to end up with a hefty bill from this place. They have the coolest stuff! It is so hard to pick just a couple things, I want it all. :) This is too cute!

No comments: