February 13, 2009

It's A Boy!

I have not posted in a while because we have been VERY busy! :)

We are very excited to announce that we have received our referral for a beautiful baby boy! I can not yet release any pictures or details about him until after our court hearing but I will sum it up in one word AMAZING! Hopefully we will have details about court and travel dates in the next few weeks. We will be keeping his name so unfortunately I can't release that yet either. I am dying to tell everyone everything about him but I can't... Not yet anyway. I will probably have a 2 page blog entry once I can tell all. :) Until then please pray for our little guy as he waits to come home.

Ok, I know what you are thinking...I thought they wanted a girl. Truth is God had other plans. We really did not care if we got a boy/girl or what age. Since we had put an age range of 0-4 we assumed we would get a referral for an older child. Since our youngest is a girl 5 years old we figured another girl would be easier. I still have Olivia's clothes she has outgrown and they could even room together. Well I had been telling Nick for a while that I "kind of wanted a boy". I just had that mommy gut feeling that told me a boy was right for us. Then one day a little baby boy was posted on our agencies waiting child list. He took my breath away... I immediately called Nick and had him pull up the info and pics. It was love at first sight. Something told us this was the child God intended for us. There are a few significant dates that connected us to him that I felt were God signs to me. Maybe they are just a coincidence, who knows, but it meant a lot to me. He has a few medical "issues" that put him on the "waiting child list", but we felt the issues were minor and that he deserved a family just as much as the "healthy" babies. The reason we wanted to adopt in the first place was to help a child in need. We knew adopting a child from Ethiopia would have risks and those risks we are willing to take. God blessed us with 2 biological healthy children and now he has blessed our family with an amazing little boy. Well, after having doctors reviewing his medical and researching everything possible to make absolute sure we were making the right decision, finally the day came and we officially accepted our referral, yeah! Even though this has been like a 2 week process I guess today is the day I can finally switch my "Lilly Pie" countdown ticker from "waiting for our referral" to "waiting to travel to Ethiopia and bring our little boy home". :) We are so excited and can not wait. We recently received some comforting information regarding his medical issues and he is growing like a weed. I can only imagine how he will change and grow between now and when we travel to bring him home.

Monday I just about had a nervous breakdown though, we found out our home study was about to expire. I did not even realize it expired! I knew our fingerprints and CIS approval expired but did not even think about the home study. So, we are now in the process of running around like chickens with our heads cut off getting fingerprints done, background checks, medical reports, etc all over again. My social worker with our agency gave me some comforting words, you are almost there... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
I am so excited for you! I'm sure he is as handsome as ever!