October 14, 2008

WWWOOOHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

We are finally done, we really are done this time! :) Every document for our Dossier is notarized, authenticated, and certified and ready for the trip to Washington and then the Ethiopian Embassy. I know the lady at the Secretary of States office thought I was nuts, I gave her a big hug after she certified the last document. I am just so excited to get the Dossier out of my hands. We will officially be a waiting family in about 2 weeks. :)

It is really hitting me now, this is really happening. My little girl is somewhere out there right now. It makes me wonder what she is doing this very minute. I can't help but imagine and play out different scenarios in my head. Hopefully she is happy and healthy and enjoying the love of her birth mother right now. I know difficult days are ahead for my little girl until she comes home. She really needs our prayers. I just can't wait to see her face, know her name, and hold her in my arms.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to ME! Today is my 28th birthday.

2 comments:

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

This is 1 major accomplishment! And it feels good to have it all done, doesnt it? Very soon, you will be a waiting family!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!

congrats on getting your dossier out!! whoohoo...what a great feeling :)