October 25, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Olivia


Today was my little baby girls, I mean big girls, 5th birthday. Boo hoo! Five!!! She is five!?!?!? I will use one of Olivia's favorite phrases, "you have got to be kidding me". :) Wow, how fast she is growing up. She is loosing all of the babyness and is turning into a beautiful, smart, and unbelievable young girl. If only I could turn back the clock a few years. I feel like I missed so much along the way. While I miss the baby years having a "big girl" is really fun. Everything is all about Barbie Dolls and gymnastics now. Her funny jokes, famous phrases, and animated personality make us laugh constantly. Even when she is supposed to be getting in trouble she always says something totally hilarious and somehow weasels her way out of it. I love that she is so unique and such a people person, I know she will carry that wonderful personality throughout her life.

For her birthday party we had a cookout at the park with family and friends. It was a blast. The weather could not have been better. The kids played on the playground and threw the football while the adults hung out. "Barbie" made a special happy birthday phone call to Olivia, which we thought she would just love, but instead she made a snotty face and acted like "who in the world is this crazy person on the phone". It was sooo funny. I got it all on video too. I think she as just too smart for the cheesy recording of fake "Barbie" singing happy birthday. :) After dark the park had a free "movie on the lawn" and we hung out with our friends and watched "Horton Hears a Who". We were all ice pops by the time we left. It was so fun and we will definitely be doing that again. :)

No comments: