November 03, 2008

Halloween Fun


Halloween was a blast this year. We participated in "trunk or treat" at our church, this was the first time we had been to a "trunk or treat". I decorated the back of our car in a spider theme and had a kid friendly Halloween CD playing. Austin dressed up as "Anakin" from Star Wars and Olivia was "Vida" one of the fairies from Tinkerbell. Austin disappeared half the night and I thought for sure he was in the jumpy thing but I found him later sitting in the "trunk" of another car playing PSP. Olivia was given a set of scary vampire teeth from one trunk and immediately put them in and wore them the remainder of the night. She loves those things. I did get some cute pics and video though. It was fun doing something different than just walking miserably from house to house. We got to hang out with friends and meet a lot of people in the community. You could tell some of the kids that came really did not have a lot and had pitiful costumes if anything at all. It was nice to see the church providing a free fun event and seeing the smiles on their faces. Along with the candy from trunks the church had provided 2 jump houses and lots of food. This will be a yearly event for us from now on. I just love our church! :)

We joined our church only a few months ago but in the short time we have been there it has changed our lives. It amazes me everyday to see the difference in my life, my kids lives, and our relationship as a family and our marriage. I have always grown up as a christian, active in church, and once Nick and I married we attended church regularly. I now realize the difference in attending church and really being an active part of a church and submitting my life entirely to God. It has changed everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the kiddos look so cute!!

and i know what you mean about being invovled in a church...we feel the same way!!