November 04, 2008

Fern Bank Museum


Since the kids were out of school Nick and I took the day off work to spend some time with the kids. After voting we took them to Fern Bank Museum. I had not been since I was little kid. The kids loved all the exhibits and the hands on activities. Austin's favorite was the dinosaurs and the science exhibits. They had different science experiments that you could try. Olivia loved the polar bear and penguin exhibit. They had an area where the kids could "dress" like a penguin and slip down a wavy slide on their bellies. It was really cute. We also watched an IMAX movie that was really cool. It was about the Ocean and based on a specific area off the cost of Africa. It was beautiful, informative, and interesting. I loved it, that was my favorite part. It was nice having a day to just hang out with the kids.

No comments: