June 05, 2008

New Family Member

We were the last people in Petsmart tonight and left with a new family member, a rat. Yes we actually paid for a rat. He is really cute though. He is grey and white and really sweet. Austin has been begging for a while for one and we finally broke down. Austin is just like me and loves all animals. If it were not for Nick keeping us under control Austin and I would have a whole farm by now. Oscar thinks he is a new toy. He has sat by the cage all night and they touch noses. Maybe tomorrow we will let him out of the cage and see what happens...

2 comments:

Angela said...

You are brave... I fear very little in life, but rodents and I do not usually get along. I think it all started when a somewhat Goth friend had a baby rat crawl out of her pocket and into her hair in the middle of French class.
Anyway, Congrats on the new family member. He would probably get along really well with my dog... he's about the size of a rat.

Anonymous said...

hi sherry,

i just found your blog though the yahoo group! i see you also live in GA...are you going on the outing in a couple of weeks?

i look forward to follwing your journey!