May 29, 2008

Still Waiting on Approval From Immigration

Well, we are still waiting on our approval from immigration. We did our fingerprints and have our dossier documents ready to go. I am soooo ready to get on the waiting list. Plus the dossier iteslf will go through a month long process before even arriving in Ethiopia. I do wonder what I will do with my time once we are officially waiting... I guess there will be a whole new set of paperwork to start on. We are trying to think of a way to raise money for the adoption expenses through a fundraiser of some sort. Plus I want to get our friends and family invloved. It is really sad thinking of all the negative reactions we have had when telling people we are adopting from Ethiopia. I have to be on guard with my whole spill of how there are so many kids starving to death, living on the streets, in orphanages, etc. It has been the people that I thought would be excited and uderstanding that have been the most critical. I know that we are doing the right thing, that God will reward us for our strong loving hearts, and hopefully people will see how great it is and beauty of it once we bring her home. Ok, I will stop with the mushy stuff now. Oh, if anyone is wondering what Jennah is all about we are planning on calling her Jennah and will keep her birth name as her middle name, unless she is closer to 2 years of age then we may just keep her birth name, or if we happen to like her birth name we will keep it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I think it took right at 30 days for our approval from CIS, so hopefully you do not have much longer to wait.