May 14, 2008

Spirits High and Looking Forward!

I spoke to our case worker with our adoption agency today. She is great and always gets my spirits lifted. She gave me hope that our wait for a referral will not be painfully long. I am so happy that more and more people are making the decision to adopt from Ethiopia. I just hope the increase in applicants will produce an increase in referrals, orphanages working with agencies, and agencies working within Ethiopia. The quicker we can get these kids off the streets and with families the better. It is sad to think we are going there to bring home one child and leaving so many behind. If I could stowe another child in my suit case I would.

A family that lives close by recently came home from Ethiopia with their 4 year old daughter. She is such a cutie and has the biggest and most beautiful smile ever! We enjoyed reading thier blog about the trip, experiences in Ethiopia, and their wonderful daughter. I went from crying one minute and laughing the next. It is great to have others close by going through the same process for support.

No comments: