January 16, 2009

Adoption Update

Well, it looks like we will have to wait even longer to bring our daughter home from Ethiopia. It stinks but I am trying really hard to stay positive. I guess it gives us more time to get ready. Originally the agency was getting court dates fairly quick and you would travel to pick up your child 2 to 3 months after receiving you referral. There are now so many people adopting from Ethiopia that it is flooding the system and they just can't accommodate so many applications so they are now pushing the court dates back further and further. They are now estimating after receiving a referral we will have to wait 4 months or more to travel. I hate the thought of seeing her face, her name, and knowing I can't hold her for 4 months! I would rather wait longer for a referral that wait longer to travel. I am glad so many people are adopting from Ethiopia, there are so many kids there who desperately need a home. I am just praying that they will add staff and judges in Ethiopia to speed up the process and bring these little ones home. There are so many documents that will probably now expire and have to be redone due to the longer wait times. Hopefully we will get our referral soon so we will not be too far down the waiting list for a court date. Realistically it will still be a while though. I am not sure how many are ahead of us on the waiting family list requesting a female in the 0-4 age range. I know there are a lot waiting on infants. I am really just holding onto the fact that it is all in Gods timing and it will happen according to his plans for our family. Period...

No comments: