June 09, 2008

Not a happy camper....

I am not a happy camper today! It has been 2 months since submitting our application to immigration. I emailed the CIS this morning to check status and was told we are looking at another month!!!! What?!?! They are just now processing applications whose fingerprints were done in April, ours were done in May. Our Dossier is done and just waiting on one stinkin little piece of paper. I know it is all in God's timing, I am telling myself that constantly, but for a control freak like myself (who also may be a little OCD and ADD) :) patience is not a part of my vocabulary. I just like having things all planned out. This whole process is turning into a much longer time frame than we first thought. It just keeps getting longer and longer. I am so ready to hold my baby and see her sweet face... I know I will at least feel better once we are officially on the waiting list. I just hope the extra wait will allow me time to prepare to be able to cut back, or totally cut out, work by the time she gets here. That would be nice.

With all the recent news coverage on the famine in Ethiopia it makes me even more anxious to get the adoption going. I wish I could do more to help the people there but I just don't know what to do. It breaks my heart to see the pics and hear the stories of children and adults starving to death. I can not even imagine. We have to choose to buy white bread or wheat bread but they have to choose which child to let starve hoping to save the other. Please read my article links if you haven't already!

We took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda this past weekend. I think I enjoyed it more than the kids. I love great animated movies! I think I am going to have to buy myself a "Po" stuffed animal. :)

No comments: